Each year the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors recognizes individuals and organizations for their outstanding contributions to the field of environmental health and/or to the Institute. Awards are presented to individuals and agencies that have been deemed to have made a significant contribution to the professional association, the field of environmental health and/or the betterment of public health. Listed below are the awards and the general selection criteria. Formal award criteria and nomination forms to download are included after the awards description.
Alex Cross Award
This award is issued to a member for displaying the highest standards of professional practice during the past year.
- Significant contribution to the advancement of association, the field of environmental health and/or the community.
- Promotion of the professional standards of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors
- Exemplary leadership in dealing with a critical issue affecting environmental health or public health.
Alexander Officer Award
This award is issued to an organization or agency for outstanding and meritorious achievements in the field of public or environmental health.
- Achievement of meritorious and outstanding performance for either a specific project or over a prescribed period of time.
- Innovation and excellence in program development and/or management.
- Leadership and development of community participation in environmental health programs.
- Leadership and innovation in planning, prioritization and management of environmental health concerns using risk management evaluations, such as prioritization of program activities with limited manpower and resources.
Environmental Health Review Award
This award is issued to a member, non-member, individual or organization for excellence in presenting an environmental health issue or topic to the public.
- Leadership in effective utilization of communication to bring an issue of environmental health or public health significance to public attention and consideration.
- Published works dealing with an issue of environmental health or public health significance.
- Innovative use of communication tools to enhance the association or the field of environmental health.
This award is issued to a former member of the National Executive Council who has demonstrated outstanding service and commitment to the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors while in office.
This award is issued to a person who is not eligible for regular membership in the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors, for outstanding support, contribution or service to the association or Public Health Inspectors in Canada in general.
This award is issued to a member of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors for outstanding service to the Institute, to his or her profession and/or to his or her community over an extended period of time.
Recognition of 50 Year Members
Being a member of any organization for 50 years is most certainly an achievement but most certainly an important milestone that should be recognized. For those who have done so with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors across Canada they not only are expressing their support for their profession but are also expressing their dedication to the Institute. Recognizing the importance of these members and their contributions to the Institute over the years is more than well deserved.
If you wish to nominate an individual or agency for one of these awards, please complete the Award Nomination Form and return to the Awards Nomination Committee via the National Office.